The Police have arrested two men, aged 20 and 21, for their suspected involvement in a case of motorcycle theft committed at Blk 437 Fernvale Road. On 27 March 2017, the owner reported that his motorcycle was stolen from the car park of Blk 437 Fernvale Road.
Officers from Ang Mo Kio Division carried out extensive investigations and established the identities of the suspects with the aid of Police Cameras (POLCAM). On 27 March 2017 at about 8.00pm, the 21-year-old man was arrested at the vicinity of Blk 306 Hougang Avenue 5. Following his arrest, his 20-year-old male accomplice was arrested at the vicinity of Blk 341 Hougang Avenue 7. A helmet and a motorcycle key were seized as case exhibits.
The duo will be charged in Court on 29 March 2017 with an offence of Theft of Motor Vehicle with common intention under Section 379A read with Section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. If convicted, each man faces a maximum jail term of 7 years and shall also be liable to a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard; and
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended.
Get the latest news, opinions and commentaries. Available on Android