Han removes online posts in compliance with AG’s request

985

Blogger Han Hui Hui, 24, has removed a series of online posts, including a video, in compliance with a request from the Singaporean Attorney General (AGC) Tan Ken Hwee.

If she had not done so, the AGC would have filed contempt of court proceedings against her.

Earlier Han told The Independent the AGC has written to her.

“The ACC has just written to me, informing me that they are intending to commence contempt of court proceedings against me.

“I potentially face 6 charges. For each charge, I will face a fine not exceeding $100,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or both,” she said in an email.

The AGC warned her that her claims that judges had lied to persecute her politically were in contempt of the court.

In compliance with the AGC letter, Han has also apologised on her social media accounts and stated that she will not repeat the allegation, the AGC said in a statement on Tuesday (March 21).

Last June, she was fined $3,100 for co-organising a protest rally in 2014.

She was accused of disrupting a charity event in Hong Lim Park and organising a demonstration without approval, accusations rejected by Han.

Last month, the High Court rejected her appeal against the ruling.

Han, in an email to The Independent, said On 27 Sep 2014, she organised an event in Singapore’s only venue available for public assembly.

“I criticised the Singapore government for not having transparency and accountability, especially towards our pension fund.

“Today, Singapore’s court found me guilty of “illegal demonstration” and “public nuisance.

“I now face a fine of SGD$3,100 (in default 5 weeks jail) and I’m being disqualified for standing for the general election as the fine exceeds SGD$2,000,” she said at that time.