My siblings’ statement has hurt our father’s legacy: Prime Minister

picture credit: Business Times

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has responded via Facebook and has expressed disappointment that his siblings has chosen to issue a statement publicizing private family matters. He is presently on leave with his family.

I am very disappointed that my siblings have chosen to issue a statement publicising private family matters. I am deeply saddened by the unfortunate allegations that they have made. Ho Ching and I deny these allegations, especially the absurd claim that I have political ambitions for my son.

While siblings may have differences, I believe that any such differences should stay in the family. Since my father’s passing in March 2015, as the eldest son I have tried my best to resolve the issues among us within the family, out of respect for our parents.

My siblings’ statement has hurt our father’s legacy.

I will do my utmost to continue to do right by my parents. At the same time, I will continue serving Singaporeans honestly and to the best of my ability. In particular that means upholding meritocracy, which is a fundamental value of our society.

As my siblings know, I am presently overseas on leave with my family. I will consider this matter further after I return this weekend. – LHL

Also read:

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LEE KUAN YEW’S VALUES?

1. Pinky trying to be Min. of Truth (dedicated to Alternative Facts & ‘Improving’ History) and failing miserably. He of course, has done more to hurt our Lord LKY’s legacy than the rest of the World put together. It’s called INCOMPETENCE.

2. Where is the president? He should exercise his influences and push call for general election now since s’poreans has completely lose faith and confidences in the ruling party !

3. Simon Low says:

A politician once said … “government is like dead fish. It is smelliest at the head”.
    Describes the present SG government aptly. No prizes … a guess on who said this?

4. IMHO…when private matters cannot be objectively addressed, and where there is a bold line of family matters crossing into government matters, WL & HY might have opted to use the open public platforms to let the public hear the truth. And the truth can be very brutal, depending which way a member of the public chooses to gravitate and take sides with. I believe Pinky has incompetently and ignorantly dug his own grave. Why do I say this? A head of state must never preside or hold another key position that purports a conflict of interest. Then there is the position of his wife. If she is as smart as she is (which I think not), she should not accept the head of T position. This goes on to sully the already tempestuous position Pinky is in. And where meritocracy is persistently screamed publicly, the appointment of ex-uniformed men without an ounce of business and commercial experience goes against the grain of placing effective people into key leadership roles that command real respect; not saluting to an ex-uniformed personnel. Pinky has lost sight of objective and critical analysis and decision making. In a global private enterprise, high potentials are men of proven business acumen. And they are selected without a need to be affiliated. The truth is brutal.

5. Eric Ross says:

It’s not entirely all about family issue here….. it’s everything that’s happening in our daily life which everything rises without even the thoughts for the ordinary people of Singapore….. look around you and you decide what’s is true n what’s is not!!!

I have already lost Faith but I am still a Singaporean…… like our Father of Singapore said the only way to change is by using our rights as Pure Singaporean to vote…… and I do just that!!!

6. Keat Low says:

First,You should discharge your wife duties with regard to GIC and inform Singaporean which people in the parliament is related to you.

7. In this challenging times Singaporeans are loosing jobs and many have found it difficult to make ends meet. BUT NOT OUR MINISTERS WITH THEIR BIG FAT SALARIES. Where is the empathy?

8. On leave? What’s has he done …At all? Unlike other PMs like Canada’s Justin Trudeau, who traveled across the country to meet ordinary citizens and hear of their plights, what has HL done as of late?

9. Sas Karma says:

Another tai chi..siblings’ statement has hurt his papa legacy..please lah! Hurt you say so lah!..not your papa legacy..you brought shame to your papa legacy. Even China refuses to entertain you. Please step down immediately ..such an embrassement to Singapore and Singaporeans.

10. You still have time to change your policies but you didn’t after you won 70% during 2015 election. Yet instead you increases bills we the citizen have to pay. You forget you shed tears during the last elections. Promise to work for betterment of Singaporean. We too have lost faith n confidence in your leadership. How will you want to remember when you are gone. It’s what you do n left behind?

11. Apart from the fact I don’t think our lives are better off under his watch, I am particularly peeved at the way the change to the Constitution is done to suit his Govt agenda. Take the amendment to the Elected Presidency. Every step can be traced back to when TCB announced his decision to run again.

12. his siblings and nephew’s statement will not hurt LKY’s legacy cause LKY’s legacy is “greater” than that but it will certainly hurt his “legacy”

13. LHL….
    Pls increased GST…
    Increased Taxes on Petrol
    INCREASE..govt administration fees
    Increased all documents fees…
    Increased cigarette n alcohol taxes..
    Increased all electricity n etc…..

Alan Ng ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

The younger Mr Lee and Ms Lee are the executors of Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s will. They said in the statement that PM Lee was removed as executor in 2011. Beware.
    The joint statement also said that the younger Mr Lee was leaving Singapore “for the foreseeable future” and “against his desires” because there was a fear that organs of state would be used against him, his wife Mrs Lee Suet Fern, and Ms Lee. Beware?
    Lord Pannick has advised that he disagrees with the AG’s advice, and that section 22 Presidential Elections (Amendment) Act 6 of 2017 as it stands is unconstitutional. Beware?
    From unlikely to find someone that can challenge Tan Cheng Bock, to Tan Cheng Bock cannot even be a candidate. Beware?
    From Wee Kim Wee is simply and clearly not an Elected President, period.
    To bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, … Wee Kim Wee … Elected President. Beware?

Foong Mun Loh ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

looks like someone had the lion’s share of the inheritance…………LOL

Pinky Lee was a mommy-boy………..now that mommy and daddy are Rotting In Hell………..he became a henpecked pussy-whipped wimp…………LOL

16. Your Father’s legacy did not destroy us. It is your stupidity that has done us in. You desire fame, wealth and glory by your countryman’s suffering. You surround yourself with unqualified loyalist. You intimidate and oppress all who does not see eye to eye with you an exact copy of your father. Now we don’t even want to call ourselves Singaporeans because of shame. We have been brushed aside all in the name of greed.

1. I guessed if based on the will.. read between the lines.. he made his children read and sign the will so that it can’t be contested in court about his state of mind… etc he seemed to foresee what will happen.

William Lim ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

wah, wait for him to go overseas and on holiday to whack him. then ah yang run road. its like clown princes and princesses vying for the throne. they are rarely interested in the poor peasants. their silence is deafening when some sickos said that old folks collect cardboard for exercise and dignity. and that son of pungol said environment. heartless!

18. LKY should have demolished that house whilst he was still alive! And such discords and unpleasantness would have been avoided. This is where LKY lacked vital foresight! Typical of that man who was not endowed with the ability to “let go”. He clinged on to power. He cling on to things material! And in the end he damaged his own legacy.

19. Gene Tan says:

He will never be as great as LKY leadership. Without LKY leadership and all support of Singaporeans, there will be no Singapore today. And LKY will never focus on the country growth at the expense of the welfare of citizens. His Son simply doesn’t care about this point and sold us out! You are enjoying your holidays now but have you thought of how many Singaporeans are slogging now to meet ends need????? Even your own family members have shown dissatisfaction towards you being a leader shows us that you are a lousy leader…… do reflect your own doing, reflect and amend…..if there is still some LKY spirit in you

1. Tony Tham says:

Without LKY will the children be at the helm in Singtel f&n civil aviation neuro?? LKY will rise from the grave regarding this squabbling.

20. Jerry Lee says:

You forgot when you managed only a small margin win at elections, you apologised and will reform changes? But now, you have caused so much suffering to the people and locked up our blood and sweat cpf money. fark you! now people wish you will just drop dead.

James Bong ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Didn’t kwa and lky have political ambitions for pinky loong? Didn’t lky make an open statement about the ministers’ selecting the next pm as so “obvious that if they don’t (choose loong), it tell me (lky) something about the ministers”? There is only one liar here who stoops so low as to resort to social media trying to scrub his foul-smelling, tainted name. He has totally failed. As wei ling had openly called him “the dishonourable son of lee kuan yew” who would stop at nothing to abuse his political power, so we in social media call loong a bluff, and a damn lousy one at that too!

1. He is more probably plotting retaliation, clampdowns on opposing voices and punishing the people with more hardship policies. These are his natural reflections.

Psilocybe Cubensis ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

“My siblings’ statement has hurt our father’s legacy.”
    Maybe he should stop using his father for once? It kinda validates what his siblings are saying.