On 23 May 2017, the 56-year-old victim lodged a report informing that his motorcycle which was parked at the multi-storey carpark at Blk 5 Upper Boon Keng Road the day before had gone missing. Through extensive ground enquiries and with the aid of images from Police Cameras (POLCAMs), officers from Bedok Police Division established the identities of the suspects and arrested the 29-year-old man and 24-year-old-man on 3 and 4 June respectively.
Investigations against the men are ongoing. Anyone convicted for the offence of Theft of Motor Vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code, Chapter 224, is liable to an imprisonment term of up to 7 years and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard; and
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended.
source: Singapore Police Force
Get the latest news, opinions and commentaries. Available on Android