Three reason you need a CTO and jobs postings from CFP Bots, Auluxa, DigixGlobal, Fundnel, and Green Koncepts
Some startups, especially the less technical ones, do away with having a CTO especially if the founder or one of the founders have a tech background. Some prefer founding a business with a CTO to ensure it that both product and business development begin at the same time. And some would only require a CTO at later stages of the life of the company.
But how will you know if your startup needs a CTO?
1. If you’re building a high-tech product that relies heavily on one’s knowledge of current trends and ability to strategise the product development based on emerging technologies
2. If your team has expanded to accommodate for product expansions
3. If your product expansions require someone with an eye on the big picture to make sure that there is still cohesion
Do you agree? Let us know!
Are you in need of a CTO? Follow the lead of CFP Bots and post your jobs needs at the e27 jobs channel. Just like this one:
CFB Bots is a startup specializing in the emerging field of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Design, execution and ownership of the overall technology strategy and vision
- Overall technical design, platform selection and development strategy for all solutions
- Ensuring robust development and strategic alignment between front-end & back-end technologies
- Management of entire tech team including all hiring and development activities of talent
- Identification, validation and utilization of the latest development tools & solutions
- Work closely with key stakeholders and other functional teams to develop and scale solutions
- Conduct code reviews, ensure software structure is kept clean, readable, and well maintained
- Provide problem resolution from a technical perspective
- Provide regular updates on the overall development progress to the management team
If you’re looking for something that requires a little less experience than CTO level, here are 4 developer jobs you might want to consider:
Auluxa develops subscription-based smart home services
Location: Hong Kong
- Build software that works with custom hardware, web service, mobile applications, and big data style analytics
- Build microservices that are highly available and fault tolerant
- Familiar with modern technologies like Cassandra, Kafka, Dropwizard, and Ansible
- Improve quality and uptime of all applications
- Build and test features being built for web service and apps and help determine the best course of action to test those features
- In charge of managing projects related to mobile applications
DigixGlobal is an asset tokenisation company built on Ethereum’s blockchain technology
- Providing ideas / samples for a fresh, modern, unique, bespoke semantic ui theme appropriate for the web app
- Providing new ideas and wireframing of layouts for existing and soon-to-be-implemented app elements
- Generally stick to original SUI component markup, but be creative with layouts and styling
- Implementation of design ideas into SCSS/LESS and react-semantic-ui markup (JSX)
- (Ideally) authoring react components
- (Ideally) Helping implement potentially more exciting future features
- Potential for other more complex / interesting modules
Fundnel is a private investment platform that offers unlisted securities in growth and pre-IPOtage companies across industries to a qualified network of investors.
- Create and implement new website features
- Integrating third-party APIs
- Set up efficient and high performing database queries in MySQL
- Coach and challenge the team in developing technical & personal skills
- Conduct regular feedback reviews, assist in tech operations
- Facilitate standards and quality within the team and reduce technical debt
- Collaborate with other leads and development team members to refine requirements, estimates, deliverables and milestone
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverable
- Keep an eye out for upcoming trends and their applicability to our site
Green Koncepts is an award-winning and leading Cloud IoT Platform and solutions provider for Smart Energy & Resource Management.
- Responsible for implementing user interfaces
- Should have a creative flair and passion for good design, as well as attention to detail
- Will work closely with other team members to define and use backend APIs to access application data
- Deliver good quality software on time
Not quite the job you’re looking for? Or maybe you need someone to complete your team? Visit the jobs channel.
Feature image credit: andrewgenn / 123RF Stock Photo
The post Your startup may now need a CTO, plus 4 developer jobs posted in the jobs channel appeared first on e27.